School Group - Emerson
1895 – 1907
School Group Portrait.
School children and teacher: 39 people, standing against wood wall.
Notation: 200 north 300 west. Emerson School. Built in 1887. Possibly extant.
Emerson School was built by the Third Ward in 1887. According to a written report of 1890, it was built of concrete but class pictures taken in the early 1890s show it was either covered with wood siding or that one of its wings was build of wood. It was an L-shaped building with one wing of 34 by 26 feet and the other of 24 x 24 feet. Emerson School closed in 1911 and was sold to a private resident who converted it into a home.
Dimensions: 20 cm;25.5 cm;;;;423;;